Suggestions

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

Grimly
Assasin

Suggestions

Postby Grimly » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:49 pm

1) Rebel Spawning. What HDI should have done in the first place, having decided that the production/building system wasn't right for the Rebels. The Imperial Survey pages at geniocracy.com (I'm sure the URL is well know) show hotspots of dissent/rebellion on the map of each planet. Each could spawn a range of units: fanatics, guerrillas, monks, dervishes, terrorists, etc. Possibly a spawnpoint would be killed by building on it, but maybe not.

2) Found technology. Relics are cool, but what about finding the wreckage of an ancient ship? Finding such an artifact could yield a number of advances, if they are researched. That is, the artifact would itself become an object of study. You could do this in regular EFS by simply changing the icon and the names, but what would be better is an immovable unit that could be captured that you would need to build a lab over. The lab would then benefit. This would be a bit like Alpha Centauri.
Grimly

Shocker
Noble

Re: Suggestions

Postby Shocker » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:32 pm

#2 So build a lab orver an immovable artifact or archiological site. Cool idea.

You could also have an archeologist unit that takes quite some time to build (education time). They inspect the site and build the "special lab" just like an engineer but only over an archeological site.

Or a Lab built over an certain artifact/site with an Archeologist unit in it has x % chance of finding new technologies in addition to regualar research, or a research bonus.

Just another idea.
Long Live EFS!

Grimly
Assasin

Postby Grimly » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:36 am

yes, that's exactly it. Like the obelisk in 2002 . . .
Grimly

Rick_Browne
Infantery

Postby Rick_Browne » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:03 pm

yeah the rebels definatly need to pose as more of a threat. CivIII had a good barbarian system, i.e. villages spawned in squares that were far away from cities. These villages spawned random troops who moved and attacked the nearest city/unit. If the village is captured it dissapears and the attacker gets a monitary reward.

The only way to completely secure a planet is to explore all of the gray squares and spread out your cities.

I really like your second idea, it could be used to research unique technology or you could even create 'unique' resource sites i.e. only one or two in the whole galaxy. This way people would have to fight for the resource, the resource wouldnt be essential but would be very beneficial.
"If the best form of defence is attack, then the best form of attack is a defence that can move" -Rickius Maximus

Return to “EFS Clone”