How is victory possible?

You call for it - all things not handled in other parts of the forum

Moderator: cy387_lk

ruppert29
Infantery

How is victory possible?

Postby ruppert29 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Made it to 100 turns in a solitaire game and it just seems like the number of units arrayed against you for even one opponent is too much to attempt. The other 'players' don't seem to be interested in alliances. Is there a better Way :?:

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:42 pm

build a lot of artillery units and you can rush most of them

and build a lot of mines (near to water and mountains) and some arboriums to get your industry started

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 am

You win by assassinating nobles not domination

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:40 am

And sang is our swcond game ever starting? Maybe we have a 5th player :-)

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 pm

well for a beginner it might be easier and more fun to get additional sceptors (=votes) by invading one or two home planets than assassinating all nobles on byz II. Domination always helps but is time-consuming.

In mp it´s the other way around. Nick, I think we have to keep an eye on your activities on byz. ;)

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 pm

haha, already assassinated his noble, and mine is covered by about 15 units, try killing that many with an assassin :D
hehehe

LauVau
Infantery

Postby LauVau » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 am

The problem with the game is that the computer-control Houses builds cities and units like crazy. They multiple like viruses. If left unchecked, attacking a House Homeworld after 100 turns, the entire planet is covered with cities, at least 80, not to mention several units per cities and if you are really lucky a fleet guarding it as well.

The trick is to bum-rush the House Homeworlds and sue for peace for 1 Firebird and take over their stuff.

It is easy to win after that, once you have more than 15 Sceptors, no House factions can outvote you, even if they combined. The Church and League never intervene on the computers behalf, and of course you can buy votes from them, but there is no point if you are going to win by default :)

Right now, I am trying to "complete" the game. My victory condition is complete control of all systems and destruction and capture of all builds of every faction in the game before I declare myself Emperor.

Return to “General Stuff”