You call for it - all things not handled in other parts of the forum

Moderator: cy387_lk

elric
Infantery

Starvation Question

Postby elric » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:51 am

I just started playing.

I am using v1.4.

I think I am missing something when it comes to food supply. I am using the universal warehouse feature. It is fairly(very?) early in the game and I am watching my food stores drop dramatically each turn. The only specifics for unit food usage I could find for food consumption were for the Nova version.

I currently own 2 farms and maybe 5 or 6 other cities. My farms claim to be producing 113 food a turn. I have 70-75 units. My food stores appear to be dropping ~40 a turn.

With all of this in mind..
1)Do cities use food? If yes, how much?

2)Are the supply costs in v1.4 dramatically different than in the Nova versions?

3)Is their another cause for my food losses?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer, ahead of time.

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Re: Starvation Question

Postby cy387_lk » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:05 am

uh... I don't remember exactly all the math, but here are some advices:

1. Capture as many farms as you can during first turns. This relates to all other types of building since buildings are the main source of fireburds income.

2. Build some (farms) if you have engineers. Order some engineers also if you feel you can afford it.

3. Sell the most useless (for the beginning of the game) and expensive units. That will lower your military expenses and affect food consumption as well. (Units are the main consumers of the food).

Be careful not to raise taxes too much, which may cause not just significant loss of production, but provoke rebellions also.

Have fun! ;)
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Re: Starvation Question

Postby lordmoore » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:16 am

You might also be forced to purchase food to get you through the first few turns until you can capture enough farms to satisfy your needs.
Enemies strengthen you.
Allies weaken.
I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

Return to “General Stuff”