Regarding EFS Forums...

You call for it - all things not handled in other parts of the forum

Moderator: cy387_lk

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Regarding EFS Forums...

Postby cy387_lk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:55 pm

sup mates
mmm, haven't been entering this forum for more than 5 months... People are forgetting EFS. There is an idea to remake the portal into something more modern. Maybe to include more games/forums. This would attract more visitors, also for EFS. If you'd want all that of course, since no action here means less job for moderators. Any ideas?
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi cy387_lk,

i would keep this forum only for EFS, visitors are still coming around, and newer/other games are having a better base already somewhere else. So my priority is only to keep this forum so long how EFS is somehow alive ;).

Kosh2
Noble

Postby Kosh2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:31 pm

Yes as cy387_lk this forum is too quiet. EFS is not as popular as it should be and even important EFS web pages are dying (even my web was offline a year!) (BTW what about your great Vau site)

But I don't see the point in changing this forum to other think.

Perhaps could be added other subforum about "other games" what do you think?

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Fully understand, Sukayo. I would do the same. Just beeing nostalgic and desperate at the same time.

Kosh2 wrote:Perhaps could be added other subforum about "other games" what do you think?
Adding other games would do the same thing as new forums would.

Kosh2 wrote:BTW what about your great Vau site
Vau website has been being down for more than half of a year by now, since the moment university where the server was stationed started some lan/power lines reparations. And it is still down if I understand right (the mexican way to do things I suppose...). I bought a new service in April for my own web software development company. Quite a good server, with direct ssh access, no support/cpanel/plesk interfering, apache, tomcat and all the wonderful things a modern linux-based server could have. I was planning to move vau website there someday. But this time it would be more for historical purposes than for the FS community.

With all the things I have right now (serious relationship, family, 3 jobs at the same time, with one of them full-time), believe me, I can't even reinstall my main desktop pc at home for more than a month already. And that was the holly for me before.

As for all these EFS2 projects: PC games industry has run far away from the times when a couple of programmers and a designer could do something meaningful. Being a realist I see no possibilities to make anything real in the nearest future, even if we've got a huge tome of descriptions, definitions and all the info needed for a great game. Sry for being pessimistic. :cry:

Btw. How about we play a PBEM game? It was a few years since I played last time but I really would enjoy it. Let me know what you think, guys. :roll:
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...

("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Return to “General Stuff”