Nostalgia

You call for it - all things not handled in other parts of the forum

Moderator: cy387_lk

Russell
Noble

Nostalgia

Postby Russell » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 am

I quite miss playing this game, I first registered on this site 9 years ago and it's funny to see my name still as the mod of the Fading Suns section.

I can't find anywhere to download the game. I occasionally see a copy on eBay - I assume I would have to emulate an earlier version of Windows to play it on 64-bit Vista.

I would always be willing to play a game if anyone was up for it, but I imagine finding five people would take a year. If not longer.

It's a shame there aren't many games like this that come out anymore. And for that EFS will always have a place as one of my favorite hobbies.

Do multiplayer EFS games still take place? At all? I tried to get a few friends into it but they just didn't like the slow pace. It would be good to hear from anyone I played with all those years ago, it really doesn't feel like my first game was 9 years ago.

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 am

Same here. Not sure about active PBEMs now. Offered one some time ago - no one answered.

I had an ISO of the full EFS before available via my website, but now it's down. In theory could send you a copy via Pando if you like. Will take time tho...

I do not think you'd have any problems running EFS in Vista. Still would recommend installing windowed EFS plugin, it has more recent and compatible version of DX library. With or without the plugin just make sure you run the exe with admin rights, old stuff compatibility on, Win98/WinXP compatibility on. Should work fine. If nothing helps - wine in Linux or a virtual box with something that CAN run the game.
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Kosh2
Noble

Postby Kosh2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 pm

I've never play PBEM, it would be nice
But I'm afraid I don't have time. Real life, work and so ...

Return to “General Stuff”