Domination Victory - Church / League Doesn't Get Eliminated?

You call for it - all things not handled in other parts of the forum

Moderator: cy387_lk

LauVau
Infantery

Domination Victory - Church / League Doesn't Get Eliminated?

Postby LauVau » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so here my short story - I bought EoFS when it first came out as a kid long ago. Love the backstory (it's so rich) and the game, lost the CD a while back. Recently I got nostalgic and downloaded the game and patch it up.

I decided to play EoFS standard. I made a personal victory condition since it is so easy to win - I call it "Domination victory". Here are the win conditions:

- Your House must control every single planet.

- Your House must eliminate all forces not under your direct control. This includes the following factions: all other Houses, Rebels, the Church, the League, the Vau, Symbiots, and the 3 Ministries (including the Imperial Guard).

- Your House must directly control all ministries forces. That means Ministry forces under your "ministry" control do not count.

- Your House doesn't not sign the Holy Writ or allow the League to declare a Third Republic.

- The above must be achieved before winning i.e. declaring yourself Emperor (or kill all other Houses' Nobles).

This of course presents a considerable challenge. I choose Alexius of House Hawkwood (obviously because he is destined to become Emperor). I plan to bring about his dream of a true one Imperium where all are subject to his rule! Too bad it doesn't include all the Vau Hegemony, Vuldrok Star-Nation, and the Kurgan Caliphate. I would raped their dumbasses too.

So I start.

1st Turn I clean my homeworld of Rebels as well as send out my ships to each of the other 4 Houses' homeworlds. I focus on taking over Aragon first because I needed Sceptors to secure the Regency for life and two I needed to a close base to Leagueheim for a future invasion.

In my experience, I learned that I cannot just sit back and play "nice" with the other Houses. If you let them build, they will grow like weeds. Once they get ships, they seed like every world they can get their hands on. What they lack in ingenuity, they makeup in brute forcef. Attacking a homeworld of a house after +50 turns unmolested is like assaulting Fort Knox. Plus, turns take forever to resolve.

To counter that, I needed to be a "weed" of my own and take over their homeworlds quickly as well and keeping them "de-teched" by doing my own little Inquisition. Whoever has space superiority has the advantage.

I slowly build my Empire on the ruins of others. I use Tracker Legions, Artillery, Anti-Tank Guns as standard grunt troops. Officers for the Palace to collect taxes (or so the game says). Assault Landers and Bulk Haulers to get around. Creamsteel production = win.

It's Stardate 5055. I have 30 Sceptors minus the ones controlled by the League. I control probably 75% of the Known Worlds minus the Symbiot worlds, Vau worlds and other fringe worlds. I directly control all Ministries forces (or eliminated them) leaving the Minstries just fancy titles, nothing more. I've taken over all other House worlds leaving them with just one Fort on Byzantium Secundus (cause I'm a nice guy). I'm about to do an en-masse invasion of Leagueheim to prevent them from declaring the Third Republic (transporting 20 units a turn to their homeworld). Turns take about 30 minutes to complete (maintaining a galactic Empire is no picnic)

I'm two turns away from completely wiping out the Church. Now my question is, what happens if I eliminate every single Church or League unit. Do they get eliminated from the game? I am worried that even if I eliminate all League units/buildings (yes even that rogue Agora on De Moley), will they still "exist" in-game and potentially declare a Third Republic anyways?

I can give a shit about the Church cause all they do is Excommunicate me (which is annoying because of loyalty negative) and Proscribe tech which is hilariously funny considering they cannot enforce their Inquisitions (I have 8 Inquisitors under my control, they rape like no other.)

If anyone knows the answer that would be awesome. Thanks!

LauVau
Infantery

Postby LauVau » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Hmm, the Church still exists... apparently.

Return to “General Stuff”